Wednesday, November 24, 2010

So Thankful (the poem)

I’m thankful for my life

I’m thankful for my wife

I’m thankful for my son and how he fought for life

I’m thankful for the good

And even for the bad

I’m thankful for the lessons some of which I wish I never had

I’m thankful for the God’s grace

I’m thankful for His love

Through which the race I run is guided from above

I’m thankful for dad, a man I never knew

Had to learn to be a man here without you

I’m thankful for my mom, who tried to hold me down

Cause daddy played the record, bumped it, and skip town

I’m thankful for the days, back when we were so poor

Don’t got all I want, but much more than before

I’m thankful for my family those who I love so much

When days away I long to see and feel your touch

Especially for my wife, my one, my side, my heart

Please God through death only shall we part

My handsome little son, who brings me so much joy

God’s not done with daddy baby miracle boy

I’m thankful for my friends, those who care and pray

I hope my life encourages to seize the day

I’m thankful for my future, the things yet come to pass

The dreams, the plans, the more of what life eternal has

I’m thankful for all you, reading this even now

I pray thankfulness in you would always much abound

So thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment