Monday, August 31, 2009

What do you see?

Think on this…I was at a store recently and a young lady entered. She looked at me with a strange hello smile. All at once I realized she is checking me out. Now, I don’t have an over inflated personal image, nor do I think that I am altogether unattractive. I was cute enough to get my wife and that is perfectly fine with me. But, she was checking me out. She looked me up and down and eventually looked at my ring finger. Of course, I left and went about my business. It still begs the question what did she see? Did she see notice my posture, my presence, or was something greater.

As a Christian I am supposed to be attractive. Not just because I am marginally good looking. The bible says, "Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage. Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world.” Matt 5:13-14 Did she see Jesus in me? Was that the thing that caught her eye? I hope so. The truth is that beauty fades and what is attractive today is repulsive in a few short years. What do people see when the encounter you? Learn to live for what matters most. It’s just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment