Thursday, May 13, 2010

Advance

Think on this…I have been thinking about what I am supposed to be doing with my life. The chances I must take, and the risk that are involved. I realized one important thing, its time to move forward! Honestly, I have not seen the full scope of what I am to accomplish and my heart longs for it. Okay, yes I have stepped into part of it in that I have left my corporate job. And yes, I have completed my first book, College Impact. Most people would say that I have arrived, based on what they see me accomplishing. One thing I have learned is that success is relative.

I do have some real needs requiring me to continue to push forward like, my family needing to eat. But, I am also feeling the weight and call of things God had spoken to me while in high school. I can’t look at where I am as a gauge for where God is taking me. This is not an attempt to think more highly of myself then I ought to, it’s an admission that I have so much more to do and I need God to do it. There are more dreams to be realized, more people to be touched by the love of God, and more leaders to be developed. There is a world that needs to be reached.

I know that this may sound weird to some, but I am not satisfied. I hope that you feel the same way about your life. God is not done with you yet. You have more to accomplish then you have thus far. How do I know that? YOUR STILL BREATHING! I can’t quit and neither can you. The Bible gives us the remedy, “I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back.” Philippians 3:12-14…Let’s advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment