Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Coaching

Think on this…I coach some amazing ladies that we lovingly call the Pinkies. It’s the Pink Team from my wife’s flag football league. We have a couple of championships and lost in last year’s championship game, so yeah, we are pretty good. This year we have had some major challenges at 3-3. We almost didn’t make it into the playoffs, so we have had some cause for concerns. We have been coming together as a team and are fired up to play the team that beat us in last year’s championship.

As a coach, it’s my job to make sure my team is ready for the challenges ahead, and at game time I guide them effectively. Why, because I can see what they can’t. I have given more of my time and energy to knowing the game. During the game I can see things that they can’t. I have to plan based on the tendencies of the other teams strategy, because I study them. I have to motivate the team to push when they feel that they can’t go on, because I have to know their limits more than they do. That’s coaching!

God coaches us in similar ways. Why, because He can see what we can’t. He has given more time and energy to knowing the His plan. In our lives He can see things that we can’t. He has already planned based on the tendencies of the enemy, because He made them also. He has to motivate us to push when we feel like we they can’t go on, because He knows our limits more than we do. The Bible says, “I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out—plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.” Jeremiah 29:11 …Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment