Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fruit from College

It has been made very clear to me that my book College Impact: Empowering Collegiate Christians for Campus Influence is not only vital, but the fruit from my college career is being produced. I recently ran into a young lady who I went to school with and she really blessed me with her story. She was an “it” girl on campus, she and her friends had the attention of all of the men on campus. She was a sweet girl with a very friendly personality, but she was not at all Christian. We (me and other men called the MOGs-men of God) had begun to make an impact on our campus and she was there to see it. At the time we would pray for her, but she was frankly one of the last people that we thought would become a Christian.

After delivering the message on this Sunday, she ran up to me asked, do you remember me? I said of course and I even remembered her whole name. She told me that not only was she a believer, but she was in a theological program and wanted to work in the ministry. My mind was blown. I usually try to hold my shock, when someone tells me they have received Christ, but I couldn’t help it. I even called my former residential director and he had the same reaction.

He and I began to reminisce over the times we would pray for and talk to her about Christ. My book outlines the importance of making a difference on the college campus, and how it has reverberations long after. She is the living example of my college influence. She literally overwhelmed me with her life transformation. This is only one of many ways the campuses are critical in God’s plan to advance his Kingdom in the earth. I pray that more students embrace the principles in the book and make a difference at their colleges. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us…Ephesians 3:20
”

No comments:

Post a Comment