Monday, December 7, 2009

Down with OPP

Think on this…Those who are into hip-hop from the 90's will remember the song, "OPP" from a group called Naughty by Nature. The song was vulgar in its suggestion as the trio's name suggests, but they had thousand yelling their anthem. I have a different approach for the acronym, O-Other P-People's P-Perspective. I can be so committed to “my vision” and “my way” of accomplishing that vision that I can actually kill it. There are people whose job is to help me. To that degree their perspective is as valuable as mine.

I challenge you to allow someone new to push on the “vision” God has given you. God brings the right people at the right time to accomplish His purpose within you. Those additional voices can sometimes come from the most unsuspecting places. "Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors there is safety." Proverb 11:14 If you always have to be the smartest person in the room that is a problem…Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment