Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Holding you Down

Think on this…it goes without saying that there are some people with whom you need around you, to keep your sanity. To say it in the current vernacular these people “hold you down.” For some it’s their parents and for others it’s good friends. There is nothing sadder then witnessing relationships that are vital to an individual’s mental health deteriorate. Whether through anger, bitterness, misunderstanding, or intentional injury these separations happen every day. To the detriment of both parties involved.

For me, it’s my wife who “holds me down.” She is my sounding board when all else is unclear. I honestly don’t know what I would do without her. But some times she bugs me J (love you baby, she reads my blogs). We don’t always flow as smoothly as I wish we would. On occasion we hurt each other, but to the degree that I excommunicate her from my life, is to the degree I will fail. Why? Because she is there to “hold me down!” I can’t allow petty things to get in the way of my own success or her success for that matter.

If we knew the damage we cause ourselves by allowing our relationships to wither we would think twice. “Don't hit back; discover beauty in everyone. If you've got it in you, get along with everybody.” Romans 12:17-18 Yes, some people are toxic, but many more are simply flawed and in need of our forgiveness. Why? For our own sake and theirs…Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment