Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Tired Yet Determined

Think on this…I have been investing a heavy amount of time, energy, and money into finishing my book, College Impact: Empowering Collegiate Christians for Campus Influence. I am so tired. I am wired to knock things out fast, because my attention span is not the longest. Processes that take a long time to complete wear me out. Now, I know that this is a journey that God has me on, so what do I do in the mean time?

I work, I stand, I continue, I endure! I have learn that sometimes God allows life to hits you with exactly what you need to not only help you grow, but to see your own resolve and commitment. Sometimes you can’t and won’t be able to stop while working through issues and/or circumstances. Your responsibility is to not quit. That is the lesson I am learning at a whole other level and I share it with you. Don’t give up because you are tired, frustrated, and ready to quit. If it’s worth it, then fight for it. “Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.” 1 Corinthians 9:24 …Just a thought.

1 comment:

  1. "Your responsibilty in not to quit."

    Never heard it worded like that. Extremely impactful, and I thank you for sharing! When I think back to possible missed blessings, or opportunities to be a blessing, it was simply because I was not as committed as God was. Puts a huge pit in my stomach even thinking about it.

    I can't wait to read your book.

    ReplyDelete