Friday, December 11, 2009

Unemployment Lessons

Think on this…I have been talking to many people that are either unemployed, nervous about losing a job, or are wrestling with financial stresses. As an unemployed person, I have learned a lot about myself and the whole emotional struggle people go through in the process. The reality is that we as a country are having a difficult time economically. It affects everyone. I have friends that are upper middle class and higher and even they are living much leaner than before. The moral of the story is that you are not alone in the struggle.

Now, as a “preacher” or “minister” how am I supposed to guide people in this tough season of life, when I myself am in the same situation? First, I don’t put that pressure on myself. Second, I have learned that God does not sit by and watch us suffer. He is at work in the midst. As a Christian, I have learn to trust Him with my every need. While trusting, I am to do what I can do.

That means that I can write, work on blogs, encourage others, and learn new skill sets. There is always something that we can do as individuals. Then, we present what we can do, and God does what we can’t do. I love that. So many people are asking God to do what they can do, and why would He need to do what he has gifted us to do. Here is the principle, “Whoever has will be given more, and he will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what he has will be taken from him.” God wants us to exercise our faith by taking the steps we know to take and trusting him with the rest…Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment