Sunday, November 29, 2009

Fighting Words



Think on this...Words are powerful. We need only look at some 
parents/child interactions and see name calling, completely wreck a 
child's self esteem and confidence. Your ugly, stupid, etc are some 
favorites. Sticks and stones may break your bones, and words can kill you...fighting words! Is it possible that you may have received or
 delivered words that destroy?



If I am honest, I have been damaged by many words (and have dished them
 out too). I was told that I was dumb, and would not amount to anything.
 It took many years to get over that. I didn't believe I was smart until 
I was in the 10th grade. How crazy is that? When you look at my life to
 that point, it made sense. I had bad grades almost all my life (until 
college). I had no real aspirations. It was sad. I became the sum total
 of what had been spoken over me. I was told that I would probably end up 
like others in my family. Drugs and jail were on my horizon, and I was 
on my way there.



It wasn't until I had become a Christian that I could even begin to
 believe that I was made for greatness. I still have to remind myself of 
that now. WORDS ARE POWERFUL! I want to encourage you to continually 
speak words of affirmation and life to those around you. Tell people who 
you believe they can be, and not just what they have become. Who knows,
 your words may be the ones that cause them to believe in themselves.
 Make your words count! "The tongue has the power of life and death..."
Prov. 18:21 Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment