Friday, November 20, 2009

Editing

Think on this…I had an interaction with my sister that caused me to think about these blogs. Her exact words were, “Do you or does someone proof read your blogs?” Basically, she was saying I have too many typos or grammatical errors. If you are in agreement with her I apologize J, I will try to do better. She tried to spare my feelings by telling me how she just picks up on these things and it wasn’t so much my writing as it was her inability to withhold her critiques. So yes, I kick rocks. I love it; family keeps you honest and humble.

I think that is how we live our lives. We are so focused on trying to project perfection to those reading our lives, that we leave little room for mistakes. The challenge is we rarely see what we don’t see. We grow accustomed to the regular mistakes we make. I think these areas, like my sister, keep us honest. Not that you shouldn't present your best, but try embrace the fact that you are prone to get things wrong in some areas.

So, if you see a grammatical error going forward, I’m working on it. If you should happen to see a flaw in my character I am doing the same, it may take some time, so please be patient with me. The bible says, “You yourselves are our letter of recommendation, written on our hearts, to be known and read by all 2 Corinthians 3:2. I desire to be a compelling read...Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment