Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Imagery

Think on this… I like television. I know, once again the ultra spiritual will think that I am being sacrilegious. I grew up on the television, and it was an important part of my upbringing. It was a way we learned about the world. There are some terrible things on TV, make no mistake about it. But, the awe and wonder, of Transformers, GI Joe, and thunder, Thunder, THUNDER CATS HOOO! Yes! As a child it was the greatest thing ever. Conversely, It was also the instrument through which I discovered naked women, way too early. Wow, that was an eye opener. But, once again, wonder! (But let’s move on J)

I think the TV is just a tool, for good or bad it’s a tool. I am an ex television network employee. I get it. Television can give you a glimpse of what is possible, and even show you the impossible. It’s amazing imagery, things that were once only in our minds eye is before us. For this reason, I realize more and more that I have to be careful with what I allow to hit my eyes because it affects my heart. Those early years were good, but when the naked women came in it messed me up. It determined how I saw women in general, which was not healthy. The bible says, “Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” Psalms 4:23 Your heart is where your affections and your desires are, it the place from where you live and emote. We can't allow HBO, Cinemax, and MTV to determine our desires. You can guard your heart, by guarding what you watch on television…Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment