Monday, November 16, 2009

I'm a mess (the truth about DaWiseOne)

Think on this...Believe it or not I am a mess. A pure mess! I love to say that I love God, but do I really? (Before you think, I am just another preacher losing his nerve and quitting, read on.) Jesus said, "If you love me obey my commands." John14:21 I don't always obey. I like to think that I do, but to be honest I don't all the time. At times I find other things more pleasing, more alluring, and in my mind just better. Or (this is the kicker) I come up with excuses for why I can’t obey him and try to act like I am mature enough to “test the waters”. Basically, that means I love things more than God (in that moment at least). Like I said, I am a mess.

Is this too much reality for a communicator of God's word to reveal? Maybe it is, or maybe we are human and have to find God's forgiveness and grace like everyone else. We have struggles and things we have to overcome. Not that we should not be held to a high standard (we should), but why do we set such high standards for ministers, we all have the bible as our standard. Yes, positioned leaders should meet certain qualifications, and I do.

My point is, I have to fight for a pure heart. God gave me a clean heart at salvation but I can allow habits, history, and hazardous living to get it dirty again. I have to make sure that I regularly keep Jesus as my source to ensure that I am not following my base nature. That is my challenge, and I present that to you…Just a thought

No comments:

Post a Comment