Monday, January 11, 2010

Passion

Think on this…passion is defined as the degree of difficulty in which you are willing to endure to accomplish a desired goal. I have been passionate about a lot of things in my life like women, clothes, affirmation, and acceptance. I have pursued them all hard at different points in my life. The interesting thing is after acquiring them I was still left with the sinking in my gut that said they were not truly enough. None satisfied.

What was crazy about those desires is that for a while I was consumed by them. I would get up in the morning thinking about them and I talked about them excessively. They literally drove my very actions. You would think that the payoff would be more fulfilling. What I learned is that no matter what the goal if its essence is too small, then you will have wasted your fervor. And life is too short to waste any time and focus.

I want my life to matter for that, which matters most. I have spent too many years chasing after fleeting passions that would never have an appropriate payoff. Our hearts were made to go after things that would be pleasurable, of that I am convinced. The reality is God alone can satiate the thirsty soul. “In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.” John 7:37 Now that is something worthy of your passion. The question is how bad do you want itJust a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment