Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting…

Think on this…I am not the biggest fan of waiting. I have learned over the years the benefits of waiting, but I still don’t like it. It’s just not fun. I am in a holding pattern with the production of my first book “College Impact” J, and process is excruciating. Now, those in the publishing arena will tell you, “that’s book publishing”, but they always fail to tell you why it’s that way. My own brother is calling me saying, “where is my book.”

You see the first proof had some issues many of which were my fault. If you are a fan of my blogs you probably noticed that I have a tendency to be a little liberal with my typos. I have written about it before and there is no need to rehash it. On top of that we had to make some alterations with the cover design. The truth is, I just want the job to be done. I want the product in my hands. Now, the printer has the book and is taking what I think is their sweet time getting the second proof to me. So, again I have to wait.

You may understand what I am going through. Whether waiting for test results, a person to make up their mind, or a job opportunity waiting kicks rocks! My only confidence is that God knows what he is doing in, through, and in spite of me. So, my waiting is not in vain. It still challenges me to my core, but what is happening in my heart in the mean time is the real miracle. So, I wait. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen you heart: wait, I say, on the LORD” Psalms 27:14…Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment