Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Salesman

Think on this…I’m realizing lately I am a bit of a salesman. I have a problem with that because I used to work for sales people and I honestly don’t have a favorable image of them. It always seemed as if they were great at over selling and under delivering. My struggle was that I had to come through on the big promises they made. FRUSTRATING.

I have to settle the reality that I am a salesman. It’s my job to tell people about a product (the love of God) and try to convince them to make an investment. What is a preacher, but a salesman? Add to that the reality that I am in the process of trying to get a physical book sold, and yes I have officially joined the sales ranks.

Here is the truth; I need not be ashamed of getting people to embrace the love of God because it is quite frankly the best “product” on the market. I’m saying, invest your life in God’s love and get more then you can receive in return. Instead of investing in pursuits that don’t satisfy, embrace a God who wants to give you life to the full. I can stand behind this “product” because I am in love with it. So I can sell it proudly. Then, because my book College Impact is all about representing the same “product” I can stand behind it as well. So, yes I am a salesman!

The challenge arises when we don’t use the “product”. So many people talk about God and His love and never engage with Him themselves. A friend of mine once said, “I feel like an infomercial for a product I don’t use.” That is the danger. I am learning to stand firm in what, or rather whom I represent. I believe in the love of God and I am overtaken by it. The bible says, “However, as it is written: No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.” 1 Corinthians 2:9 That is worth selling…Just a thought.

to purchase College Impact visit- http://www.amazon.com/College-Impact-Empowering-Collegiate-Christians/dp/0976273829/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1271155843&sr=1-3


No comments:

Post a Comment