Monday, April 19, 2010

So Encouraged

Think on this…I must make a confession. I have been nervous about the response to my book College Impact. You see, people have been purchasing it, slowly but steadily and I was getting little to no feedback. Now, for someone who has a tendency to care about what people think, that was hard. I felt God saying to me, “Don’t worry about what they think, know that I am proud of you.” That was so encouraging, but it didn’t stop my inward struggle right away. Peace came over time. But, it came.

There is a healthy side of getting feedback. The reality is, I produced a product that needs to be purchased. So I need to know if it is good and helpful. What benefit is a book that no one wants to buy? My challenge was not being ruled by others opinions of my work. I used to be such a people pleaser that I had to quiet the old voices in my head. It was harder then I want to admit. But, here I am saying IT TOOK A COUPLE OF DAYS!

Now, the responses are rolling in, more like trickling in, but they are coming and are affirming. It was my job to write what I believed needed to be said. I had to write what I believed God wanted me to say, and leave the rest up to Him. We took a lot of time to get it to be as good as possible and then release it into His hands. This is not a veiled attempt to get words of support; it’s just an honest tale from my journey. I have learned to rest in these words, Then instruct them in the practice of all I have commanded you. I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age." Matt 28:20 …Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment