Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Coaching

Think on this…I am a football coach for my wife’s flag football team. I never thought I would enjoy coaching women. Yuck! Stupid girls! But, I have fallen in love with these women and have come to appreciate their willingness to learn and develop into true football players. We recently started prepping for the upcoming season and I am working them out.

It’s fun to watch them get mad at me for making them run. To be honest, I get a kick out of making them do more then they would like to on their own. That is the job of a coach, to push, train, develop, and fight for them, and with them if necessary. It is all for one reason, so that they can be as successful as possible. It’s all about helping them win.

I realized recently, that’s what the Holy Spirit does with us. God is always pushing and working with us to help us grow and be all we can be. It doesn’t always feel good when He is leading us, but the end goal is our victory. That is so encouraging to a former loser like me. The Bible says, But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.” John 14:26 When we follow the leadership of the coach, victory is in our sights…Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment