Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Quality Time

Think on this…it’s rare that I get a moment away with my wife. I love that woman, but life has a way of keeping us focused on the daily grind. We are left filling our days with stuff that is not connected to the romantic notions that we would rather indulge. We connect periodically, and I am happy for the fact that we are still going strong after 10 years.

We used to get away more, but life with a child of special needs has its demands. So, when we can get a moment with each other we cherish it. We were in one of those windows and it was awesome. If you are a regular reader then you may have notice a slight delay in my posts, but I was with my woman. And it was so good. I love that woman!

We are learning to invest more time in our relationship, in the light of our difficult circumstances. If our relationship doesn’t work then our family doesn’t work. If we focus more on our son and his issues then we do one another then we all loose. I must continue to treasure her above all, but Jesus. That is the role of a husband. “Be happy with the wife you married when you were young.” Proverb 5:18 …Just a thought

No comments:

Post a Comment