Friday, February 19, 2010

I Keep Forgettin

Think on this…if you are a child of the 70’ and early 80’s you probably remember the Michael McDonald song, “I Keep Forgettin.” That anthem has been repeating in my head lately, and it made me think about my own life. The truth is, I keep forgettin who I am and who I am supposed to be. Why, because it’s easy to forget the things that we ought to never forget.

I don’t know if it’s just the human condition, or my own weakness, but I tend to have a long memory when it comes to my faults and a short memory when it comes to my strengths. I can be so focused on where I fall short, that I miss the fact that I have greatness on the inside of me. I think that is true for most people. I can be so comforting with others as they learn to live above their depravity. I am awesome at reminding people of their journey and the potential on the inside of them. But, when it comes to me, I keep forgettin.

So, what is the solution? I have to remind myself constantly, so that I never again forget. There is a catch though; in my own ability I am a wreck! What I have to remember is, who Christ is in me. Trust me, all who knew me before my conversion would echo that statement. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” 2 Corinthians 5:17 That is something that is too important to keep forgettin…Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment