Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Happy to be me!

Think on this… I have spent many years worried about my looks, my hair loss, and my overall value. It is exhausting to be burdened with what everyone else thinks of you. That time could have been better invested in other ways. Maybe you can’t understand that way of life, and I am happy for you if that is your story. But, if you identify with the value struggle then this will hopefully encourage you.

I worked hard to be like other people. At first it was my friends Damon and Mike. Both were outrageously confident and I love surfing in the wake of their strength. Then there was my cousin Kyle who by his own admission was, “Not conceded but convinced.” I even tried to walk with his bowlegged gate. Then I wanted to be like my pastor and command authority. I would try to speak in his deep tone. All of these failed because that was not who God had created me to be.

So, I had to discover the beauty inside of me. I am special, and God has a plan for me. I am so unique that he wired me to do what only I was meant to do. God knows how flawed I am, and He loves me anyway. So, who am I to think less of myself then I ought. “I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:14 I am who I am by the grace of God and if you don’t like it, that is your problem. …Just a thought

No comments:

Post a Comment