Monday, February 22, 2010

Tiger, Tiger, Tiger Woods Y’all

Think on this…with Tiger Woods’ recent public statement about his infidelity, it is interesting to watch the reactions of reporters and cultural critics. It’s odd to hear people’s opinion of his apology, because I can’t help but wonder how I would feel in that situation. This is not to excuse his bad behavior. But, how would you like it if others judge your every apology?

Did you really mean you where sorry for cutting someone off in traffic? Are you truly apologetic about your bad attitude? I know that I can’t stand it when people think they know what I am thinking. Now, Tiger may or may not be sincere, I don’t know. The one thing I do know is that I am way under qualified to figure it out. We spend way too much time trying to judge others motives, and so little time ensuring our own are pure.

The Bible says, “For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.“ Matt 7:2 I know I don’t want to be held hostage by other people opinions. I believe him, because he said it. Anymore then that is speculation at best…Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment