Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11

Today is a hard day. I think everyone remembers where they where when the planes flew into the world trade center towers. I remember sitting in the office of a former coworker and we were just speechless. We all knew that life would forever be changed in that moment. My thoughts were racing, but one thought is still clear. I remember wanting to be left alone in a room with whomever was responsible. At that moment your political leanings didn’t matter, race didn’t matter, and even religion mattered in that room. A Muslim coworker was present and I remembered thinking how bad he must feel thinking they attackers were probably of his faith. It was a surreal moment! Then days later the stories came in of heroism and tragedy.


Years later I am reminded of all of those thoughts and all the lives lost that day and since then from war. I think of how life has changed for us as a country, but what about the people who lost loved ones. For them there is a more present since of lost, one in which I can’t even imagine. The children who have lost parents, the spouses left behind, and to think that their lost is not even private as most of us know in the face of death. They have to share that moment with the entre country. So, my heart and prayers go to the families who still bare a heavy burden. God bless you.


Blessed are those who mourn, For they shall be comforted.” Matt 5:4 …Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment