Monday, September 14, 2009

Almost...

Think on this…One of the most powerful words in my life is the word almost. We can use this word in many ways, like I was almost famous. Or I was almost rich, or married, or whatever good thing we’ve missed out on. But, what about those things that you could have done, but for some reason you didn’t, and now afterward you are glad you didn’t. For instance, that late night rendezvous that never happened. Or the engagement you were longing for that never came (later finding out they were crazy). These are the decisions that would have radically altered your life for the worst, but for some reason things worked out differently.

Now, how you interpret these situations is largely based on you belief system. Some would call it luck, but I believe God is looking out for us even when we are not thinking about him and about to wreck our lives. I don’t know about you, but I have done my share of dirt, both pre and post Jesus. (I am just being honest) Sometimes I can be stuck on stupid! So, I have learned to be thankful for the things that I have ALMOST done, like almost losing my mind, and almost quitting, and almost getting tied up in bad business deals. I used to hear people talk about how God was a keeper, now I think I know what they meant. For as much as he let’s me get into, there is much more he keeps me from. To him who is able to keep you from falling and to present you before his glorious presence without fault and with great joy” Jude 1:24 I am happy to thank God for the almost times in my life…Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment