Monday, September 21, 2009

My Transition

Think on this…I recently had a transition from my job of 10 years (on good terms) with hopes of more intentionally focusing on my life’s work. The funny thing is that no one prepared me for the in between time. You see sometimes the dream is differed momentarily and I (we) can grow weak while waiting. There is often distance between doing what you know to do and the moment where God brings the dream to fruition. I am in that waiting place and it is excruciating. If you are in that place also I want to encourage you, the journey is not over, there is hope.

The challenge in the waiting is not that your desire has not arrived; it is believing that God can bring you out of that place. We can be so consumed with the reality of our situation that we forget that God is bigger then your dreams, and hopefully he is the one who placed the dream in you. For when it is a God dream you can rest assured that he will bring it to pass. “We humans keep brainstorming options and plans, but God's purpose prevails.” Proverb 19:21 You see if you are dependent on your abilities alone then either your dream is not big enough or you are wasting your time. In my transition I am learning to trust God with my entire life, I trust you to do the same…Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment