Friday, September 25, 2009

Of Faith and Floods

Think on this…with the recent floods here in the Atlanta area my heart wonders where people are in the process. We can begin to ask, why God allows things like this to happen. The reality is that good people and bad people alike were affected. So, why did this not just affect the bad people? One thing I have learned over my years is that life happens. The floods came because that’s what floods do. I am not saying this to be callus because I care about people in my community suffering and am apart of them getting the help they need. The truth is we expect man made things like buildings, bridges, and retaining walls to remain forever and the simply can’t. (I do understand issues do to shabby work, just follow me)

I see people questioning God, during these times, and it breaks my heart. Now, I do believe that God is big enough to answer all questions, but the attitude that nothing bad should happen to me is just wrong. God never promised that our lives would be filled with ice cream and lollipops. But he promised that he would be there through it all. Jesus said, I'll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age." Matt 28:20b That means that no matter what you go through he has your back, if you truly love and follow him. So to those affected by the floods you have my prayers. But, greater then that you can have all mighty God carry you through. I learned that lesson years ago when my house was flooded…Just a thought…

No comments:

Post a Comment