Tuesday, September 29, 2009

All that from a Root Canal

Think on this…I have recently had a root canal. It was so much more pain then I have ever experienced in my life. To give some context, I am not one of those guys who have never been touched by true pain. I have been in riots, had the business end of an umbrella thrust into my jaw, I have been punched square in the mouth (split my lip, stitches), been hit by a car, and grew up with a black mother who believed in corporal punishment. I know pain. But, never have I considered reaching into my mouth, grabbing my entire jaw (teeth, gums, skull) and pulling everything out. The pain had a way of reaching around to parts of my head that were nowhere near the offending tooth. I have a big head so that is a lot of traveling. Are you getting my point? This thing hurt!

In between the throbbing pain, I had one lucid thought. I can’t imagine how hard it must have been to endure the cross. I know that is way out there, but Jesus was a real in the flesh man, who went through so much more intense pain then this little tooth. The truth is I probably, due to some poor habit or bad genes caused this pain. He endured this pain for others. You see, I would have traded your tranquility, for my root canal in a minute. To get relief in that moment, oh yeah, I would have sold you out, sorry. Okay, I am not that bad, I wouldn’t do that to my mom, son, wife, or maybe 1 out of the 3 of my siblings (they can fight for which). But everybody else would have been fair game. Jesus died for us when we were not even thinking about him.No one is really willing to die for an honest person, though someone might be willing to die for a truly good person. But God showed how much he loved us by having Christ die for us, even though we were sinful. But there is more! Now that God has accepted us because Christ sacrificed his life's blood, we will also be kept safe from God's anger.” Romans 5:7-9 All I can say is, Thank you Jesus…Just a thought.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I've had like 5 root canals (Don't ask why, Lol) So I know what you mean by that pain and to think that the pain I felt was nothing in comparison to the pain Jesus endured

    ReplyDelete