Thursday, September 3, 2009

Back in the Day when I was Young…

Think on this…I have been very nostalgic lately and it’s causing me to think about my upbringing. I come from a small town in New Jersey that most people have never heard of and those who have heard of it try to forget it. It’s a tough little town that many people try to drive through, and not stop. But, it’s where I am from and it is filled with people I love. Perhaps the reason I have been reminiscing so intently is because a dear friend has been posting pictures of a young Damian, long before Da Wise One on a popular social networking site. Looking at that young man and how he saw the world I wonder if he every envisioned living the life I now live.

Back then he never thought he would be anyone important. Many had told him that he would be nothing, and not much was expected from him and he lived down to those expectations. He was a nice kid, but was prone to loose it in the right situation. He didn’t ever imagine that others would someday be reading his writings; he thought he was barely literate. Now, knowing who he has become I am overwhelmed at the reality that God loves me and had a better plan for me then the one I had for myself. I shouldn’t be who I am, based on where I am from, and what I have experienced. The crazy thing is the journey is not over yet! I still have more living to do, that’s so amazing. The bible tells me why. 
”For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11 The same way God loves me he loves you. I am so glad that he knows the plans he has for my life, because his plans are amazing…Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment