Monday, September 7, 2009

Special People


Think on this… I have had so many people in my life that have added to the quality and the direction of my life. I had a rough childhood so I was often left feeling like I didn’t belong. Now, my mother did the best she could with what she had, thank you Mom, but she wasn’t given much to work with considering her parents past away when she was young. So, I had developed an uncanny knack for finding people who were willing to pick up strays. I always had places to go and people to hand with, I am friendly and that worked to my advantage. Whether it was with the Fisher’s, or with Mike and Damon (RIP-I miss you) I had places to go. Then there was Eileen Haynes, my Nanny (I miss you too) who took me in like a son. I had some amazing people.

We can sometimes because of our own self-sufficiency refuse the help of others. The Bible says, “Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.” Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 We are not meant to live alone; you will need someone’s help at some time. I would not have made it if not for the Brayboy’s, and the Williams’, and the Crute’s. We all need someone….Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment