Friday, October 2, 2009

That Girl

Think on this…Forgive me but I love Stevie Wonder. I know some of my more "serious" Christians are outraged, but it’s true. He is simply the artist whose music provided the soundtrack for my life. He has a song called “That Girl”. He is describing a woman and the words go, “She doesn’t use her love to make him weak, she uses love to keep him strong”. Now I don’t care how “saved” you are that is powerful. There are so many women (not all) that use their feminine wiles to break men down. They use their mouths to tear them down, but not “That Girl”. I always wanted that girl.

The reality is I now have “That Girl”. My wife is everything I could ever want in a woman. She is always encouraging, ever building, continually supporting. She is pretty on top of all that, she is all that. It’s not fair, she is stuck with me and I get to have wonderful her, but it is too late now J. When I have been at my lowest moments she quietly, and patiently prayed and stood strong. Then when she decides to open up her mouth her words are lased with power, intelligence, wisdom, and insight. “That Girl” is stinking awesome. Every man needs a woman like her. Charm can be deceiving, and beauty fades away, but a woman who honors the LORD deserves to be praised. Show her respect--praise her in public for what she has done.” Proverbs 31:30-31 You may not like Stevie Wonder songs, but he had my wife, Zarat, in mind when he wrote that one…Just a thought.

1 comment:

  1. Love it....THank God for Zarat and Thank God for you appreciating her...yall are still the greatest role models I have ever known..love you both.

    ReplyDelete