Wednesday, October 7, 2009

No More Excuses

I talk to people all the time and one thing is clear, most people have some idea of what they would like to do with their life. They may not feel confident in a particular area, but the desire is often present. I have so many goals and desires that at times I want to burst. If you get me talking (and that is not hard) you will hear so many good ideas. The challenge is, for most of my life I have been the guy with great thoughts and little action and even less substance. It’s sad but true. I have in the past felt both afraid and insignificant. I think the bigger issue is I was waiting for someone to give me permission to be who I am supposed to be.

Lately I have been on a mission to fulfill everything God has placed on the inside of me. I really don’t care how others feel about what I am doing, as long as I am accomplishing what I am supposed to for God, that’s what matters. Now, I believe in accountability, wisdom, and oversight, they are all critical to a healthy life. But, waiting for greatness to come knocking is just dumb, and I have been dumb for too long. “God planned for us to do good things and to live as he has always wanted us to live. That's why he sent Christ to make us what we are.” Ephesians 2:10. I invite you to live that way also…Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment