Friday, October 9, 2009

No Risk No Reward

Think on this… So many people talk about faith to move mountains and the power to do miracles, but when you look at their lives you see little to no proof of that kind of living. It’s laughable and sad all at the same time. Now, I am not saying that I am the most faith filled person. Actually, for most of my Christian life I lived the same way. I talked about faith and took no risks to provide the evidence to support my claims. Not, that God was not powerful to do great things; I was just living a safe, suburban life. Great things don’t just happen!

Recently, my life has been mostly faith, and I feel so alive. It’s scary, but I am invigorated. That is why I think Jesus’ disciples were so able to spend 3 years with him. They were welcomed into a journey that was quite often mind blowing. A couple times they saw food multiply in their hands. Other times they saw people raised from the dead. They saw the blind see, the lame walk, and they were encouraged to do the same works that Jesus did. Wouldn’t you want to hang with a man who had these kinds of wild things happening? I’d want to hang out just to see what would happen. The bible says, “Does some stupid person want proof that faith without deeds is useless?” James 2:20 I want to be like Jesus, where the signs of my faith speak for themselves. No risk, no reward…Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment