Friday, March 19, 2010

Fridays

Think on this…I love Fridays. Since I was a child I remember the anticipation building on Friday during school. It was the thought that I would be free and from the rigor that the week brought. That continued with 10 years in the corporate environment looking forward to being home on the weekends. Friday was a day filled with the promise of peace and rest.

The harsh reality is that weekends don’t hold the same mystique as they used to. Now that I am working from home and I can rest more often than before. Actually, weekends are harder then the weeks nowadays. For instance, I have to teach tonight, I have to coach a football game tomorrow, I have to work most of the day on Sunday and I still love Fridays.

The reason I love Fridays is that I like the fact that there is a collective sigh of relief from everyone. Everyone has that same since of expectation around the concept of weekend. There is the overall feeling of freedom and relaxation. I think that is a healthy thing. Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. Psalm 62:5That’s why I love Fridays…Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment