Monday, March 15, 2010

Just Sick

Think on this…I have been under the weather lately and I am desperately trying to shake it. The crazy thing is, I know exactly where this came from. I have been burning the preverbal candle at both ends and in the middle. I have been speaking quite frequently, I am in a training class, I just sent the final version of my book, etc. Things are busy, and my body is having a hard time keeping up. I am not complaining because I love my life. It can be challenging, but this is much better then the former. I used to work two jobs and I was sick more often as my body just couldn’t keep up.

I have learned that sometimes, sickness comes right when you need to slow down. It is just interesting that our bodies are made that way. I have learned to appreciate my bodies’ ability to make me slow down. I find comfort in that. Why? Because I am prone to run myself ragged. So slowing down is a good thing for me.

What is the solution? I think it’s learning to slow down more frequently. The Bible has a perfect solution; it’s called a Sabbath. One day in a week to rest, really rest. Now, I am not one of those people that thinks we need to not buy food, or wash clothes on Saturday, but it is biblical that 1 day out of 7 we rest. The Bible says, “There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from his own work, just as God did from his.” Hebrews 4:9-10 There will always be more to do. If we don’t learn to rest, we might not be around long enough to actually get it done…Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment