Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hypocritical

Think on this…I believe there is a little hypocrisy in most of us. Now, I know that is a bad thing for a preacher to say. It’s the nature of man is to say one thing and do another. I remember the old adage ‘do what I say and not what I do’. How many parents, even if they have not said it, have done it? Don’t smoke, yet they smoke. Don’t lie, yet the tell stories about Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny. That is hypocrisy.

I wrestle with that as well. I tell people to keep their minds and hearts clean, but I am sometimes challenged with my own. I am not saying that I have killed someone, or committed adultery, but in the areas people deem less important I sometimes struggle. The truth of the matter is that God sees all sin the same. So what do you do with your own hypocrisy?

The correct approach is to deal with your own heart. It doesn’t mean that truth is not truth and doesn’t need to be communicated. It’s my responsibility to remain as clean as possible on the inside and do my very best preach what I practice. The bible says, “You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.Matthew 7:5 As I continue to deal with my own issues I am more capable to help others. That’s the remedy for hypocrisy…Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment