Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscars

Think on this... I love the Oscars. I guess it’s the whole spectacle and grander of the event that draws me in. I try to forget that the awards are mostly political. I try to forget that we as society place some of these people on such a high pedestal that they will never live up to our expectations. I even try to forget that there are more pressing issues in the world. I just enjoy the moment for what it is and nothing more.

It kind of reminds me of heaven. How? We one day we will be ushered down a long runway. In that moment our work will be evaluated. Whether we lived up to the hype or fell flat. How many resources were invested verses the quality of the end product. In that moment will we be adorned correctly or will we be ill dressed for the occasion. Ultimately, will we receive any rewards for our work or will we just be happy we were invited at all.

The reality is that we will all be evaluated for the work we do in this life. The pomp and circumstances aside, what truly matters is that moment. “This proves that the conscience is like a law written in the human heart. And it will show whether we are forgiven or condemned, when God appoints Jesus Christ to judge everyone's secret thoughts, just as my message says.” Romans 2:15-17 On that day I want to walk away with the prize…Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment